Saturday, January 20, 2018

DoubleDuck - Reboot

There you go, I actually did this thing I didn't want to do for a while but then I said I was going to do it for no reason, and it took quite a bit of time, it would appear. For one thing, this 3-parter did amount to a total of 99 pages (they couldn't quite make it to the hundred), but I also had a lowered interest in this story since the day I read it those months ago.

Now don't let the title of this DD story fool you, this is not an actual reboot, as I have mentioned before. This is still story nr. 27 in the chronological list of proper DoubleDuck stories. Things are just going to be different now in this universe. To make it clear, I do not dislike this story for the fact that things have changed. I dislike they way it was handled from a storytelling perspective.

I am not going to spoil specific details, so you will have to go ahead and download it from down below and read it for yourself and see what you think. Just so this all isn't gone to waste...


DoubleDuck 27 - Reboot (Parts 1-3)
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fj4ksnlpy474o/

And now I recall that there are still those DoubleDuck short stories that were released an even longer while back, but there's actually nothing to those. But... hmmmmm...

With regards to new stuff that's out, maybe I will do something different than PK and DD...

10 comments:

  1. https://i.imgur.com/sleOVnf.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/MA42pWP.jpg
    Couple of teasers from the upcoming PKNE story I picked up from the official FB page... I actually still have a couple of the newest stories left to read, maybe I'll get to it when the new story comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So from what I understand, they completely trashed Kay K's character development over something more mundane and one-dimensional. Lovely... ¬¬

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Banker, ever considered translating Fantomius stories?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks man. Wonder what are tou going to translate now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I've got new rumors to spread: It seems like we're gonna get a PK christmas story by Artibani/Pastrovicchio at the end of the year. (Source, as usual: Artibani's facebook profile, where he explains that the announcement was not just a joke and I hope that THIS was not a joke :P)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heads up!

    The newest PKNE story, "The Event Horizon", is currently being published and I am now working on the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished reading this reboot and omg .Thats it ?Honest opinion it feels like the rest of the pk series became a filler chapter compared to this chapter .Everything suddenly changed feels like you missed alot .But still im curious how is this new story going to end .

    ReplyDelete